One of these glasses of water has fluoride in it; the other does not. Would you know which one just by looking at them?
The reality is that fluoride may be in your tap water without your knowledge. Your mayor never called you, no doctor wrote you a prescription, no agency put out a PSA commercial. Americans are not told that a drug is administered to their municipal water supplies at a rate of 8 gallons per second. Moreover, Americans are not told about how hazardous it is to their health.
Let’s explore 10 common misconceptions about water fluoridation.
1. Fluoride is a naturally occurring mineral.
False. Although calcium fluoride is found in nature, that is not what is added to the US water supply. The four types of fluoride used are hexahydrofluorosilic acid, hydrofluorosilic acid, sodium fluoride, and sodium fluorosilicate. All four of these are byproducts of the superphosphate fertilizer industry and aluminum smelting industry.
2. Fluoride is proven to be safe.
False. No study has ever been done to prove the safety of fluoride products. Fluoride is classified by the EPA as a toxic hazardous waste.
According to the Fluoride Action Network,
Advocates of fluoridating water often state that there are “thousands” of studies that prove fluoridation to be both safe and effective. In 2000, however, a systematic review of the literature commissioned by the British Government (“York Review”) found that, under current standards for what constitutes good medical evidence, there has not yet been a single high-quality study demonstrating fluoridation’s benefits — despite over 50 years of fluoridating water.
3. Fluoride only does good for teeth and has no dental side effects.
False. Fluoride actually leads to dental fluorosis. Some “professionals” insist that this only develops above the “safe” limit. This is incorrect. Only above “safe” limits is when they can declare with certainty that fluorosis has happened and can be traced back to fluoride. This is the same as saying that cigarettes cause lung cancer only above some imaginary “safe” limit like half a pack a day. We know that cigarettes cause cancer in all dosages, even just one. It is irrelevant if the individual actually develops cancer. The act of smoking is in fact carcinogenic, the same way that coming in contact with fluoride is carcinogenic. Naturally, in fluoridated areas, there are higher incidents of dental fluorosis. A corollary exists between higher fluoride concentrations and higher rates of dental fluorosis.
4. All dentists agree that fluoride should be supplemented to prevent tooth decay.
False. Thousands of dentists have spoken out against the practice of fluoridation over the decades. Many petitions are in circulation with hundreds of professionals adding their signatures in protest of this barbaric form of quackery. One in particular has over 4,650 signatures including professionals from the following areas:
- 826 Nurses (RN, MSN, BSN, ARNP, APRN, LNC, RGON)
- 616 DC’s (Doctor of Chiropractic, includes M Chiro)
- 568 MD’s (includes MBBS)
- 531 PhD’s – includes DSc (Doctor of Science); EdD (Doctor of Education); DrPH (Doctor of Public Health)
- 366 Dentists (DDS, DMD, BDS)
- 174 ND’s (Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine)
- 106 Lawyers (JD, LLB, Avvocato)
- 104 Pharmacists (Pharm.D, B. Pharm, DPh, RPH)
- 121 RDHs (Registered Dental Hygienist); also DH, RDHAP, EFDA, RDAEF, and RDN
- 72 Acupuncturists (LAc – Licensed Acupuncturist, and, MAc -Master Acupuncturist)
- 47 DO’s (Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine)
- 29 Veterinarians (DMV, VMD, BVMS)
- 20 OD (Doctor of Optometry)
- 22 PA-C (Physician Assistant – Certified); also MPAS and RPA-C
5. Rates of tooth decay decrease in fluoridated areas and increase in unfluoridated areas.
False. Not only did tooth decay begin decreasing long before fluoridation programs were created, tooth decay has continued to decrease in areas that have since ended fluoridation programs. All countries have experienced a decrease in tooth decay, irrespective of fluoridation programs due to increased exposure to dental hygiene products, vitamin supplementation, and improved diet.
6. By brushing teeth with fluoridated toothpaste, the harmful effects of fluoride are avoided because the toothpaste is not swallowed.
False. The human mouth has about a 90% absorption rate, the most permeable part of the human body. Additionally, you have a sublingual artery under your tongue which facilitates rapid transmission into your bloodstream. This is the reason certain “sublingual” pills are meant to be placed under the tongue. In terms of acute toxicity, fluoride is more toxic than lead and only slightly less toxic than arsenic.
7. Fluoride is regulated by the FDA and therefore it is approved for public use.
False. According to the FDA’s website, fluoride is an “unapproved new drug” and has been since its inception. Still, the FDA lauds fluoride as a godsend of medicine. However, even the FDA website sites outdated studies from 1999, 2000, and 2001. The FDA is actually not in charge of oversight of water fluoridation.
The 1974 Safe Drinking Water Act gave regulatory oversight of public drinking water (tap water) to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). FDA has responsibility for ensuring that the quality standards for bottled water are compatible with EPA standards for tap water.
8. Fluoride is used in all civilized countries with adequate healthcare and only third world nations remain unfluoridated.
False. There are more people drinking fluoridated water in the US than in the rest of the world combined. According to the Fluoride Action Network:
Most developed nations do not fluoridate their water. In western Europe, for example, only 3% of the population consumes fluoridated water. While 25 countries have water fluoridation programs, 11 of these countries have less than 20% of their population consuming fluoridated water. In total, 377,655,000 million people worldwide drink artificially fluoridated water. This represents 5% of the world’s population.
9. Even if fluoride is not good for your teeth, at least there are no negative side effects on the rest of your body.
False. Adverse health effects from fluoride include arthritis, bone fractures, lowered IQ, cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, endocrine disruption, skeletal fluorosis, hypersensitivity, pineal gland calcification, kidney disease, male infertility, thyroid disease, and gastrointestinal effects.
10. Fluoridating water is morally the right thing to do because it is fair and beneficial.
False. How can forcibly “medicating” someone against their own will or especially without their consent be moral? When a doctor administers medication to a patient in a hospital without their knowledge or consent, he is liable for malpractice; but when this takes place on a large scale population, somehow it is completely permissible.
Still in Favor of Fluoride?
The bottom line is there is no choice to easily opt-out of this Orwellian mass-drugging program – not without buying an expensive water filtration system for sinks, showers, etc. Although fluoridated products like toothpaste, water, and gum are widely available, allowing the public to choose “yes” if they are aware of the dangers and decide to use fluoride, the rest of the population is given no way out. This system is philosophically backwards, punishing individuals who just want to be left alone by forcing additional costs and inconvenience onto them.
If the Powers That Be actually cared about public health, why wouldn’t they instead add vitamins and minerals to the municipal water supply, raise its pH, and ionize it?
Fluoride is Rape
When someone forces something into your body sexually without your consent, we call that rape. When someone forces a chemical into your body without your consent, is there a difference morally? Both are traumatic, both are unhealthy, and both violate free will. Still, the voices of the people scream out, “No! No! No!” and it is forced into them regardless.
Naturally, we become detached from the immorality of this act because it is happening to millions of people simultaneously and because it has been declared legal. Feeding Romans to lions was once legal, but did that make it moral?
Well, we can become desensitized to genocide, too, if we see it on the news everyday. The fluoridation of the municipal water supply is is a slow form of genocide. It is chemical rape, no matter how eloquent the potentates can spew sophistry.
- Paradigms Within Paradigms [The Paradigm Shift Ep1 Syllabus] - May 27, 2020
- Fluoride (Snake Oil S1Ep1 Transcript) - May 11, 2020
- #38 Peter Maxwell Slattery | The Evolution of Consciousness & the Journey Within - April 22, 2020